We now have the kits back in stock and ready to ship!
The Boro Stitch Kits have a great selection of carefully chosen fabrics for you to create 3 ten inch square hand embroidered Japanese Boro Style projects.
Available in 3 Color Collections: Blue, Rust, or Plum
Japanese Boro Stitching began in Japan centuries ago as a way to conserve hard to get cotton fabrics used in everyday life. The mending of clothing and other utilitarian pieces with basic yet elegant hand stitching has now become an art form worth exploring.
I have been inspired by the beauty and simplicity of this style of stitching, and I want to share my love of these textiles with you through the development of the Boro Stitch Kits.
Note: If we are out of the color you want, please contact us: Contact
Basic instructions are included to help you get started.
There are no mistakes in this type of work. Each piece you create will be an individualized creation of your very own. You will experience the emergence of your own personal preferences and style as you stitch away.
This work is so captivating, you will want to start another piece as soon as you have one finished. That is why we included enough supplies for 3 entire pieces.
Included in each one-of-a kind kit:
- ample supplies to complete 3 -10” squares
- 100% silk organza to be used as a backing or stabilizer for each piece
- collection of carefully curated fabrics including new and vintage linen, silk, or cotton (includes many hand dyes)
- 2-3 hand printed images on linen with our original block print designs
- 3 skeins of cotton embroidery floss
- English embroidery needles, pack of assorted sizes