Time: 10-4 pm
Place: Sproule Studios, 358 Main Street, Fortuna, CA 95540
Instructor, April Sproule
This time around, our focus will be on Japanese Shibori Dyeing with Procion Dyes. Once the dyeing is done, we will move onto Color, Design, and Composition using the amazing fabrics we created as either a background, foreground, or both to create a wallhanging/art piece. The last day will be spent adding either hand or machine stitching to your piece. Most materials will be provided.
We will do an in depth exploration of how I create my art.
Read the Cancellation Policy below before registering.
We will do an in depth focus on design and color as we work towards our goal of creating a phenomenal piece of fiber art.
Each day will start with a different subject:
Day 1. Shibori Dyeing with Procion Dyes
Day 2. Color, Design, and Composition
Day 3. Stitching for Emphasis (by hand, machine, or both)
Included with the Retreat Fee:
- 3 full days of classes
- One yard linen (54” x 36”) or 1 yard of Cotton Ultra Sateen fabric.
- All dyes, paints, and embroidery floss needed. (Most supplies except for personal tools and machine stitching threads)
- Lodging and lunches will not be provided, but recommendations will be made. If you would are interested in sharing accommodations with other registrants, let us know.
- Personal sewing tools and supplies such as scissors, sewing thread, etc.
- A detailed Supply List will be sent.
If you would prefer to pay by check, please mail a payment of $349.00 to Sproule Studios, 358 Main Street, Fortuna, CA 95540.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation is only allowed if your spot can be filled from a waiting list. Otherwise, your fee will be forfeited. If your spot can be filled, there will be a $95.00 Cancellation Fee to cover processing fees.